We Think Freely Radio [WTFR] has been a lifeline thanks to co-host Martin Houston. After Martin saw my spreadsheet patterns, he mentioned that I can use Python to read and write spreadsheets! So I shall embark on that chapter once I’ve completed my current 29 collections of some 200 patterns.
Meanwhile I spoke about the launch of the website when I was welcomed for the 4th time to the WTFR show that takes place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9pm GMT:
- on April 5th 2022 we were also talking about Home Schooling as an opportunity for understanding Number in a new and deeper way and Joss sent me links to this remarkable video about Nikola Tesla who combined Number with physics. He quotes Tesla:
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.At 8:18.
Joss also referred me to this video by Marko Rodin on his Vortex Mathematics. Yes, I’ve discovered the torus as the ‘shape of movement’ for the ‘inside-out transformation’, too.
But what makes my approach different to Gary Lite’s and Marco Rodin’s is:
- I use only geometry, arithmetic and number theory from the general field of maths
- I replace algebraic equations with code statements as ‘method of generalisation and abstraction’
- I separate Number from physics
- dimensionality is the key ‘differentiator’
- I link Number to metrology, the science of measuring:
- measuring units need numbers as counters or ‘quantifiers’
- the fact that measuring units are linked to physics without taking dimensionality into account makes my work even more ‘fundamental’.