On Radio 3 I heard that children have difficulty arranging fractions on the Number Line. Hence I have been dreaming of
- “Mathematical Gardens“, so that Conceptual and Concrete Experiences can be matched:
- “Digital Number” Patterns as pathways, carpets and curtains;
- “Digital Number” Ratios as climbing frames;
- “Digital Number” Shapes as spaces of exploration;
- Puzzles and Games to practise
- and of course software galore:
- add-ons to spreadsheet programs for example so that diagonal and formatting operations can be carried out at ease…
- maybe there’s room for ‘artistic spreadsheets’?
NEXT: Over to You and Your Feedback!