Wikipedia redirects Dimensionality to Dimension. Pity, for Dimensionality is a most important ‘qualitative attribute’ of Measuring Units.
Wikipedia also distinguishes between
- Dimension in maths;
- Dimension in physics;
- and a considerable list of other areas.
No wonder Einstein spotted a gap between maths and physics.
“Digital Numbers” in themselves are ‘dimensionless’ or 0D as a point, pixel or cell in a spreadsheet. But they can be arranged in lines, areas and spaces of different dimensionality:
- Digital Tables: 2D with orthogonal [vertical + horizontal] appearance;
- Functional Matrices [or arrays]: 2D with diagonally symmetrical appearance;
- Symmetrical Planes: 2D ortho-diagonally symmetrical appearance;
- Shapes of Magnitude: 3D cubes, spheres and polygons.
NEXT: Shapes of Magnitude
Leave a Reply